Workshop on Social Networks and News Production and Consumption in the Digital Public Sphere
Digilab and UPF organised the days 27 ans 28 of September the Workshop “Social Networks and News Production and Consumption in the Digital Public Sphere”. This workshop is part of the research project Digital Public Sphere and Audiences’ Influence in Shaping News funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiviness.
- Javier Díaz Noci (Universitat Pompeu Fabra) “A workshop-expert panel on research methods applied to social networks and news production and dissemination”.
- Marcel Broersma (University of Groningen) “Analyzing online behavior. Traditional and machine learning approaches to study content of tweets”.
- Elena Pavan (University of Trento). “Social Network Analysis method: purpose and challenges”.
- Scott A. Eldridge II (University of Groningen) “Online News as Social Knowledge: Knowledge construction and acquisition in news/audience relationship”.
- Steve Paulussen (University of Antwerp) “Examining the direct and indirect influences of social media on news and journalism”.
- Laura Pérez Altable (Universitat Pompeu Fabra). “Design and application of mixed-methods approach to the study of digital networks”
- Pere Masip (Unversitat Ramon Llull) “Agenda-setting effects of social media on traditional news media”